July 5, 2015

Denial vs Reframing -- Part 2

King Henry of Shakespeare's "Henry V" play, must be an expert either in denial or in reframing. No matter how bad a situation, he saw something good in it. He would even insist that he would be disappointed if the situation changed into something some other character wished for.

Normally, if we pay court to a girl with a foreign tongue, we would wish either that we speak her language better or that she speaks our language better. King Henry is way different from the rest of us. He's always glad with the way things are, right at any moment. He accepted any situation as it was and found his way forward from there.

This is Act 5, Scene 2 of the play.

KATHERINE
Ô bon Dieu! Les langues des hommes sont pleines de tromperies.

KING HENRY
What says she, fair one? That the tongues of men are full of deceits? 

ALICE
Oui, dat de tongues of de mans is be full of deceits; dat is de princess. 

KING HENRY
The princess is the better Englishwoman.—I' faith, Kate, my wooing is fit for thy understanding. I am glad thou canst speak no better English, for if thou couldst, thou wouldst find me such a plain king that thou wouldst think I had sold my farm to buy my crown. I know no ways to mince it in love, but directly to say, “I love you.” Then if you urge me farther than to say, “Do you, in faith?” I wear out my suit. Give me your answer, i' faith, do; and so clap hands and a bargain. How say you, lady?




EssayKKN too specializes in teaching reframing and undaunted spirit to young and mature students alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tip for Job Search: Gold Rush Skills

  If you need to make some money very quickly, what would you do? Your answer points to the kind of problems you can solve. They give you so...