- to do extreme sports such as rock climbing, wing suit flying, parkour
- to join street gangs and take part in streets fights
- to go out of their comfort zones by studying strange math problems
- to go out of their comfort zones by studying strange foreign languages
- to taste the fear of the unknown by visiting Syria or Afghanistan
- to sell by cold-calling total strangers
- to eat scary-looking but harmless insects or creatures
- to touch scary-looking but harmless snakes like Python,or fangless cobras
But then I have some reservations for some of these proposals.
- We have only 1 life. A bad fall can end my kid's life before s/he learns how to control her/his fears.
- Same with reptiles.
- What s/he learns in Syria may not apply in other parts of human civilization.
- S/he may not need to use those foreign languages that often in her/his later lives.
Steve Jobs once saw a few masters disassemble and re-assemble electronic gadgets and he never feared them throughout his life.
We at EssayKKN, try to do the same for your kids with science and learning and essays.