January 15, 2013

Product Strategy : Accidental Longevity of This Blog

In a previous post,I lament that


Our strategy&UX  campaign may be just a mere noise before it dies out.


I got that thought after reading "Agile Experience Design," that quotes  Sun Tzu on page-52.

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."

That made me sad. My blog has already gone through at least 4 reinventions:
  1. Testing-how-blogging-works stage
  2. Personal diary stage
  3. Personal Effectiveness or Life Coaching stage
  4. Product Strategy and User Experience stage

I've nothing to say about Stage 1 and 2. They cost me nothing, and so perfectly natural and fine.

Stage 3 was done as an indirect approach. It went as intended but it remained "indirect" for far too long and its benefits are invisible to the readers/users/intended customers.

Stage 4 becomes more direct. It is just one step away from coding, where I am more likely to end up. Its benefits become more visible: in pictures, photos, screenshots, mockups, wireframes, flow charts, UML sequence diagrams, etc.

Still, I am getting impatient day by day. Ready and willing to code.However, this blog in this current thrust is to stay.

I can talk about lousy software product/service/applications for life.

I can talk about new, or better software product/service/applications we need to do for a long, long time.

This is not by design. It's more by instinct, by honesty, by innocence, or by pure luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tip for Job Search: Gold Rush Skills

  If you need to make some money very quickly, what would you do? Your answer points to the kind of problems you can solve. They give you so...