Get the Powers to Act from Fresh Ideas



January 15, 2013

Product Strategy : Accidental Longevity of This Blog

In a previous post,I lament that


Our strategy&UX  campaign may be just a mere noise before it dies out.


I got that thought after reading "Agile Experience Design," that quotes  Sun Tzu on page-52.

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."

That made me sad. My blog has already gone through at least 4 reinventions:
  1. Testing-how-blogging-works stage
  2. Personal diary stage
  3. Personal Effectiveness or Life Coaching stage
  4. Product Strategy and User Experience stage

I've nothing to say about Stage 1 and 2. They cost me nothing, and so perfectly natural and fine.

Stage 3 was done as an indirect approach. It went as intended but it remained "indirect" for far too long and its benefits are invisible to the readers/users/intended customers.

Stage 4 becomes more direct. It is just one step away from coding, where I am more likely to end up. Its benefits become more visible: in pictures, photos, screenshots, mockups, wireframes, flow charts, UML sequence diagrams, etc.

Still, I am getting impatient day by day. Ready and willing to code.However, this blog in this current thrust is to stay.

I can talk about lousy software product/service/applications for life.

I can talk about new, or better software product/service/applications we need to do for a long, long time.

This is not by design. It's more by instinct, by honesty, by innocence, or by pure luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment