January 2, 2013

One-foot Fence Leadership

Source of Inspiration


Peter Drucker has advised in many places to focus on strengths and tolerate minor or some of even major weaknesses. Especially in Effective Executive and Managing for Results.

Warren Buffett remarks "I don't look to jump over 7-foot bars: I look around for 1-foot bars that I can step over". A nice collection of quotes here.

Best of all, the Taoist thinker, Chuangtzu, mentioned here. The full poem is here. But please read the original too:

"Easy is right. Begin right
And you are easy.
Continue easy and you are right.
The right way to go easy
Is to forget the right way
And forget that the going is easy."

Conclusion


Let me do what I do best.
We'll let you do only what you can do.
We'll let you do what you do best.
We'll let you grow at your own pace.


When General Patten asks you to cross a river which all the map books mentioned as un-corssable, please do look at his trousers to see how high they have been muddied to see how deep the river is in reality.

I ask you to cross the river with me now, to jump over the fence with me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tip for Job Search: Gold Rush Skills

  If you need to make some money very quickly, what would you do? Your answer points to the kind of problems you can solve. They give you so...