January 2, 2013

My Kind of Productivity --- Part 1

I must have been born with tons of inferiority complex. I think I am lazy, not really knowing how or why.

Once Upon a Time in the Early 1990s in Myanmar


I had to grade high-school-leaving, university-entering exam papers and to supervise some fellow graders. It's a tiring work --- 2 of our professors died during such grading seasons.

 I could not stop complaining:
  1.  This is not good for the government.
  2. This is not good for the department/us.
  3. This is not good for the students.
  4. This is not good for the students' parents.

 I offered to design a new system that will be nice for all the 4 constituents.

 Everybody just assumed that I hated long hours, detailed, eye-straining, monotonous, non-challenging work and so on.

Once Upon a Time in the Early 2000s in Singapore


I worked in a few software houses ... well, what do you expect? I complained but with some solutions.

  1. I hate kicking the ball hard unnecessarily.
  2. I hate running all the time unnecessarily. How come Romario, a Brazillian World Cup winner and legendary striker, runs less than the referees? And the Spanish players just dart about only now and then?
  3. I hate running fast for long. Why not run with a bit more intent?

Lazy is kind to myself, kind to you, kind to all, short and sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tip for Job Search: Gold Rush Skills

  If you need to make some money very quickly, what would you do? Your answer points to the kind of problems you can solve. They give you so...