I have adapted the key ideas of the book to my audience here : primary and secondary or high school students.
- Failure to see correctly the boundaries and constraints of the problem
- Failure to use many different points of view
- Fear to take risks, make mistakes etc
- Fear of chaos, ambiguity, messiness etc
- Judging or analyzing too early, rather than generating ideas
- Inability to relax and wait and trust the process
- Inability to define and express a problem in many different ways, especially, in words, in numbers/formulas, or in picture/images/imagery etc
This is a wonderful book. Even our deliberately partial list will help solve 85% of your or your child's thinking and problem-solving hassle.