December 27, 2012

Communication | New Style

Input
1. Pre-iPad, Steve Jobs said this of Amazon's Kindle : "The whole conception is flawed at the top because people don’t read anymore." You may read more here .

2. On the Web, people read 25% slower. The exact number may vary but we do read slower with web pages.

3. Search Engines require your content to be 250 t0 400 words, or more than 350 words etc. I can't be bothered with them too much.

4. PowerPoint-style bullet-points constrain thoughts and discussions. You can read more about this here and here .
Customer Focus
1. I suspect the readers of this blog hate PowerPoint/bullet points too. They want depths and comprehensiveness.

2. They are too smart to be bluffed by a higher style. I can use Thesauruses to dig up arcane, esoteric, exotic vocab. Who am I fooling?

I can serve up lengthy, verbose, long-winded, rumbling sentences in misguided imitation of Joyce or Proust, whether they are suitable to the topic of discussion or not, just to make a false facade of erudition which anyone can see through at a glance, which will result in nothing but pity or ridicule and so on.

3. They value their time.
Self Care
1. I'm a bit impatient and I value my time.
2. I can't type well/efficiently.
3. It is a lot of effort for me to raise my language. And even if I managed to raise it, it adds little value.
Conclusion
I'm going to write in free-from bullet points, at the speed of thought, at the speed of note-taking in uni's.

on April 7, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tip for Job Search: Gold Rush Skills

  If you need to make some money very quickly, what would you do? Your answer points to the kind of problems you can solve. They give you so...